Train Your Team
Author: Professor Kathleen Thompson
Posted : February 1, 2020 4:49:05 PM EST
Ask a member of the Human Resources team (or the person who does the hiring) at your work what they see as the key characteristics of a successful manager. In the discussion thread, provide a summary, answering the following questions:
- What company do you work for and what is the role of the individual you interviewed?
- What are the key characteristics of a successful manager that your colleague described?
- What are your thoughts on your colleague’s response?
Find an article discussing the key characteristics of a successful manager. Post a link to the article in the discussion thread and provide a summary of the following:
- What is the role and background of the author of the article?
- What are the key characteristics of a successful manager detailed in the article?
- What are your thoughts on these characteristics?
Read a post by one of your peers and respond, making sure to extend the conversation by asking questions, offering rich ideas, or sharing personal connections.
Post your thoughts in response to this week’s discussion topic, or respond to other students below.